Disclaimer Empower Nurse Education disclaims that it is not endorsed by or affiliated with NSW Health or any of its Local Health Districts. Additionally, Empower Nurse Education disclaims that it is not endorsed by or affiliated with any other Healthcare Facility or Tertiary Educational Institute.
For that reason these Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact us with any questions before you use the site. You can contact us on 0431536441 or 0413442612.
By accessing the Site you acknowledge and agree that you have had sufficient opportunity to read and understand the Terms and you agree to be bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound to the Terms of this agreement, you must not access the site.
1. Accuracy Every effort is made to provide information that is accurate. However, protocols, syllabis, courses, course notes and other matters contained on this Site are subject to change at any time by appropriate action of Empower Nurse Education. We give no assurance or warranty that information on this Site is current, and take no responsibility for matters arising from changed circumstances or other information or material that may affect the accuracy or currency of information on this Site.
2. Intellectual Property Rights 2.1 Nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and Empower Nurse Education, all intellectual property rights in this Site rests with Empower Nurse Education unless otherwise stated. 2.2 All aspects of this Site including data, documents, graphics, web pages and logos are the copyright of Empower Nurse Education and may not be reproduced in any shape or form. 2.3 Unless otherwise agreed in writing, by posting or adding any content onto the Site, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and license to use that content in any way (including, without limitation, by reproducing, changing, and communicating the content to the public), and permit us to authorise any other person to do the same thing. 2.4 You consent to any act or omission that would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner. 2.5 The license in clause 2.3 will survive any termination of these Terms. 2.6 You represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights to grant the licenses and consents set out in clauses 2.3 and 2.4.
3. Warranty 3.1 You represent and warrant us that: (a) you have the legal capacity to enter into these Terms; and (b) you have complied with clause 5.
4. Disclaimer of liability 4.1 This Site is provided on an 'as is', 'as available' basis and we do not provide to you any warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, those of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement or any warranty arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. No oral advice or written information provided shall create a warranty; nor shall members or visitors to the site rely on any such information or advice. Empower Nurse Education reserves the right to make changes to the information contained on the Site. 4.2 You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of this Site and the internet generally. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall anyone involved in creating or maintaining this Site be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or lost profits that result from the use or inability to use the Site and/or any other websites that are linked to this Site. We accept no liability or responsibility to any person as a consequence of any reliance upon the information contained in this Site. Nor shall we be liable for any such damages including, but not limited to, reliance by a member or visitor on any information obtained via the Site; or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, viruses, errors, defects, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access. 4.3 These Terms are to be read subject to any legislation that prohibits or restricts the exclusion, restriction or modification of any implied warranties, conditions, guarantees or obligations. If such legislation applies, to the extent possible, we limit our liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
5. Online conduct Visitors agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on the Site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, State, national or international law. Although in the absence of a specific complaint the postings are monitored for compliance with this provision, in an effort to discourage such conduct, please note that all postings in the discussion forum area will list the author's name - no anonymous posts are permitted.
6. Security Users must observe and maintain the confidentiality of all security features relating to use of the Site (including passwords, access arrangements etc.) as notified. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Empower Nurse Education strives to protect such information, Empower Nurse Education does not warrant and cannot ensure the security of information that users transmit. Accordingly, information is transmitted at the user's risk.
7. Third party content We are distributors (not publishers) of the content supplied by visitors and other third parties. Accordingly, we have no more editorial control over this content than does a public library. In addition, the Site contains links to other websites. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content made available by members, visitors and other third parties or through links are those of the respective author(s) and we are not responsible for any material posted by third parties. We cannot and do not endorse, sponsor or approve it in any way, nor do we vouch for its accuracy or usefulness. Furthermore, we expressly disclaim any liability associated with material posted by third parties and any other available on any linked website.
8. Disclaimer of endorsement Reference to any person, products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Empower Nurse Education, nor is an endorsement of Empower Nurse Education implied by such links. Any external links on the Empower Nurse Education Site are for convenience only, such as an index in a public library.
9. Information subject to change Any information on this Site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information may change from time to time without any notice.
10. Termination 10.1 Your rights under these Terms terminate automatically if, for any reason, we cease to operate the Site. 10.2 We may otherwise terminate your access to the Site immediately, on notice to you, if you have breached these Terms in any way.
11. Privacy statement 11.1 Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, please read the following details carefully and get in contact with us if you have any questions. You can contact us on: on 0431536441 or 0413442612 11.2 Empower Nurse Education has developed a policy to protect users' privacy in compliance with privacy legislation. Our policy is to inform users of the following:
The identify and contact details of Empower Nurse Education
What personal information is being collected
Who is collecting personal information
How personal information is being used
To whom personal information is being disclosed
How personal information is being stored
The consequences of personal information being withheld from Empower Nurse Education; and
How personal information can be accessed and corrected.
Information collected – De-identified 11.8 Without limiting the means by which information is collected by Empower Nurse Education, the usage analysis software used by Empower Nurse Education records:
Unique visitors and sessions
Requested pages, downloads, search terms used, posted forms, status and errors, hits and bytes downloaded per directory, file and file type
Entrance pages, exit pages, click paths, click to and click from and length of session;
Domains, countries and IP addresses; and
Browsers, platforms and robots.
11.9 The statistics are de-identified at the time of recording. This information is used for administrative purposes, including to improve and assess services, and to monitor usage patterns on our site in order to improve navigation and design features - helping you to get information more easily.
Information collected - Identified 11.10 Empower Nurse Education may collect identifiable information such as contact details. Further, access to member only services has been made possible by using information contained in Empower Nurse Education databases. Accordingly, we collect personal information to facilitate the granting of access to member only services. Access to information collected 11.11 Empower Nurse Education will not knowingly make an attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Provider's logs, and thus gain information about users and their activities. 11.12 All of the identified information that Empower Nurse Education has used to grant access can be viewed and changed by users when they view their personal details. In addition, users may contact Empower Nurse Education at any time to access personal information about themselves. They will be required to fill out a form to access this information. Access will be provided unless the request is unreasonable or the applicable privacy legislation permits or requires Empower Nurse Education to decline that access. As permitted by law, a fee may be requested to cover the cost of access.
Use and disclosure of information collected 11.13 Empower Nurse Education collects personal information for a number of purposes (being the primary purposes of collection), including:
To provide membership services and benefits and maintain membership and service/benefits records
To assist, support, provide and improve continuing professional development and education and training
To monitor and investigate conduct
To implement, monitor and maintain quality assurance processes and systems, as well as processes and systems concerning regulatory matters, registrations, accreditation, audits, risk and claims management (including dealings with insurers)
To procure funding, donations or other support for the activities of Empower Nurse Education
To enable internal administration, training, assessments and reviews; and
To effectively operate the Site.
11.14 Any information users provide will only be used for the primary purposes for which users have provided it or a secondary purpose if it directly relates to the primary purpose or for any other lawful purpose. 11.15 Empower Nurse Education engages third parties to perform certain business functions. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to disclose personal information to those suppliers. Disclosures may also be made to other third parties, including advisors and regulatory authorities. Where disclosure takes place, Empower Nurse Education seeks to ensure that personal information is handled appropriately. Security 11.16 We endeavour to ensure the Empower Nurse Education Site is secure through the use of firewalls. Personal data is maintained under strict security and can only be accessed internally by Empower Nurse Education employees who have permission to do so. Complaints and concerns 11.17 Any concerns about Empower Nurse Education’s handling of personal information should be directed to Empower Nurse Education in the first instance. Requests may be required in writing and resolution of concerns will be sought as promptly as possible. 11.18 The Australian Government's Privacy Commissioner is an additional source of information (see http://www.privacy.gov.au/).
12. General 12.1 You must not assign, sub-license or otherwise deal in any other way with any of your rights under these terms. 12.2 If a provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, it is to be read down or severed to the extent necessary without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions. 12.3 Each party must at it’s own expense do everything reasonably necessary to give full effect to these Terms.